The total value of construction in Australia, including residential building and engineering work, during the first quarter of this year fell by 0.7% from the fourth quarter of 2016, the Australian Bureau of Statistics said Wednesday.

The trend estimate for total building work done fell 1.1% in the March quarter.The trend estimate for non-residential building work was flat and residential building work fell 1.7%.The seasonally adjusted estimate of total building work done fell 2.8% to $26,227.2m in the March quarter.

The trend estimate for engineering work done rose 0.1% in the March quarter.The seasonally adjusted estimate for engineering work done rose 2.2% to $20,189.7m in the March quarter.

Source: ABS

 

, , ,